Prayerfully answer all questions in the section below labeled "PROVIDE ALL ANSWERS BELOW."
The third step one must take on the road to salvation is Confession.
Confession is the verbal acknowledgment of the guilt of sin and a willingness to do that which is right. Solomon who truly understood what confession was all about said, "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).
1. As a prerequisite to the forgiveness of sin, what has God called on us to do?
"If we (a) _______________ our sins, He is (b) _______________ and just to forgive us our sins and to
(c) _______________ us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
2. While God requires us to confess our sins to Him, who else should we confess to? "Confess your trespasses to one _______________ , and pray for one another, that you may be healed" (James 5:16).
True healing of the soul will only take place when we are at peace with God and our fellowmen.
3. The Psalmist David instructed us on how to receive forgiveness. "I (a) ______________ my sin to You, and my (b) _______________________ I have not hidden. I said, 'I will (c) ____________________ my transgressions to the Lord,' and You (d) _________________ the iniquity of my sin" (Psalm 32:5).
4. How did many people from Jerusalem, Judea, and the region around Jordan respond to John's preaching? "And were __________________ by him in the Jordan, _____________________ their sins" (Matthew 3:6).
5. Before John baptize the believers in the wilderness, what did they have to do? "Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him and were ___________________ by him in the Jordan _______________________ their sins." (Matthew 3:5, 6) y
6. Confession is like opening the door of your heart to God, unveiling your deepest secret to Him. Only the Lord of heaven and earth can forgive sin, therefore to Him only we must go with our faults.
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge my transgressions before You and I have repented of my sins. I now confess them all to You and ask that You will cleanse me of all my sins. Amen.