Prayerfully answer all questions in the section below labeled "PROVIDE ALL ANSWERS BELOW."
The second step on the road to salvation is Repentance.
On the day of Pentecost, Peter, being filled with the Holy Spirit, preached with power concerning Jesus Christ. The multitude heard him and being pricked in their hearts, they asked, "What shall we do?"(Acts 2:37) Peter answered emphatically, "Repent!" (Acts 2:38).
What is repentance? Repentance is a genuine sorrow for sin and a turning away from it.
1. It is not enough to only be sorry for our sins. Judas Iscariot was sorry for his sin in the betrayal of Jesus Christ. " I have sinned by betraying innocent blood" (Matthew 27:4). For repentance to be complete one must seek to have a change of direction. Peter's instruction to the sinners at Pentecost was: _______________
"Repent therefore and be, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19).
2. Genuine repentance will result in a radical change in one's attitude towards God and sin. What is the result of genuine repentance?
"He who (a) _______________ his sins will not prosper, but whoever (b) ___________ and (c) _______________ them will have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).
3. God is calling everyone to repent.
"Truly, these times of (a) _______________ God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to (b) _______________ " (Acts 17:30).
4. How are we led to repentance?
"The goodness of _____________ leads you to repentance" (Romans 2:4).
5. What is the attitude of heaven toward a repentant sinner?
"I say to you that likewise there will be more _______________ in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety- nine _______________ _______________ who need no repentance" (Luke 15:7).
6. Read the experience of David in Psalms 51:1-14. I t clearly describes the state of mind of a person who has genuinely repented.
Having acknowledged my sinful state, I now repent of my sins and by the grace of a loving Savior, seek to live according to His Word. Amen.