Prayerfully answer all questions in the section below labeled "PROVIDE ALL ANSWERS BELOW."
The first step one must take on the road to salvation is to acknowledge that "all have sinned" (Romans 3:23).
Sin is common to humanity and is defined as "lawlessness" (1 John 3:4). David is a good example of how one comes to Christ.
1.David said, "For I (a) ________________ transgressions, and my (b) _________________ is me" (Psalms 51:3).
2. How did David describe his birth? "Behold, I was brought forth in _______________________ ,
in sin my mother conceived me" (Psalm 51:5).
3. What did David asked God to do for him?
" (a) _________________ me with hyssop, and I shall be clean, (b) ___________________ me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalms 51:7
4. Another example of one coming to Christ is the Prodigal Son. When he was lost in a far country, away from his father, he said, "I will (a) __________________ and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have (b) ________________ against heaven and before you, and I am no longer to be called your son. Make me like one of your servants" (Luke15:18, 19).
5. What was the father's response? "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had, and ran and fell on his neck and him" (Luke 15:20). ______________
6. When Israel drifted from God, the prophet Jeremiah extended to them a call to repentance. What needed to precede repentance? "Only your iniquity, that you have against the Lord your God..." (Jeremiah 3:13). _____________________
7. Before we can truly come to Jesus Christ, we must recognize that we are lost in sin. It is the Holy Spirit that raises our consciousness of sin and He will lead us to the second step of repentance. Do yo agree?
I acknowledge that I am a sinner, in need of the Savior.
I cannot gain salvation of my own effort, so I am asking Jesus Christ that, through His grace, He may come into my heart and lead me to salvation. Amen.